Friday 27 April 2012

hearts & roses...

It's been a really busy week & I've made lots of floral designs! This first one is a loose open heart funeral tribute I was asked to make. I wanted to make it quite fresh & spring-time inspired so I've used soft, pastel shades of lilac & pink & added in lilac freesias to give it a sweet fragrance.  Altogether it consists of 2 different varieties of roses,  white michelmas daisies, white santini, lilac freesias, eucalyptus, pittosporum, hard ruscus & buxus. 


At college we made this wired alice band - time consuming work but I love the delicate formation of it. 





This is quite a modern design which we made yesterday - I love the bright yellow rustic twigs in the middle. 



Finally, we made these wedding swags to adorn the staircase!




1 comment: